BOOK REVIEW: PARASITE by DARCY COATES



I don’t know what it is about Darcy Coates that makes her novels unputdownable for me, but damn it she really hooks me and I’m perfectly fine with being stuck in her web.

I hadn’t expected to be adding Darcy Coates to my #ScarySciFiSummer reading list. I didn’t even know Coates wrote sci-fi, (this is possibly her first?) and I’m more accustomed to her eerie, gothic, haunted house novels, so coming across PARASITE was a fun surprise! The plot is simple—parasitic aliens have the capability to steal human faces and wear their bodies like costumes. By appearing to their victims as friends, family, or neighbors, the parasite is able to deceive, kill, and spread. An inexperienced team of defense technicians suit up to battle these alien monsters and must defeat them for the sake of humanity. For what is mankind if one can’t tell a parasite from their neighbor?

If I had to pick one word to describe this book it’s “fun”! There’s yucky, gooey, parasitic aliens, there’s combat, there’s trickery and paranoia. The pacing was fast, the chapters short, the suspense was high, and the entire book was just an all around good time! Hardcore sci-fi horror fans might find themselves underwhelmed, but if you’re an easily entertained reader who adores Darcy Coates as much as I do, you’ll enjoy it! (Pssst! Also read more Darcy Coates! Okay, bye!)

(4/5⭐)

Comments

Popular Posts