BOOK REVIEW: HOLLOW KINGDOM by Kira Jane Buxton



Today is Earth Day and I wanted to recommend this freaking amazing book that I am loving so hard right now!

HOLLOW KINGDOM by Kira Jane Buxton is about the zombie apocalypse experienced through the eyes of animals. Our narrator/protagonist is a domesticated crow named S.T. who learns something is very out of the ordinary when his owner’s eyeball falls out. From here we get a story of survival, friendship, teamwork, and hilarity! Never have I loved an animal protagonist so much as I do S.T. (you’ll have to read the book to find out what his initials stand for 😉). His valiance, perceptiveness, and hopefulness for humanity will instantly pull at your heartstrings. Plus he’s just straight up funny AF which is needed at times because there are parts in this book that are equally heartbreaking and humbling.

I laughed, I cried, and I appreciated mankind taking a backseat to Earth’s creatures and Mother Nature’s resilience. I’ve been Buddy Reading this book with my best friend and we both agree it deserves all the stars⭐️! Grab this book if you are an animal lover! Grab this book if you are a pet owner! Grab this book if you’re looking for an original, beautifully written Earth Day read with zombies, commentary on environmentalism, and the coolest winged hero to ever grace the pages of a story! Grab this book!

(5/5⭐)


                                                                      xo Nina

Comments

  1. Wahoo!! I'm glad this was a hit for you! I loved this one as well! Will you be checking out her new book, Feral Creatures? I need to snag a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Opt! I just googled, it comes out in August! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts