BOOK REVIEW: RED STATION BY KENZIE JENNINGS



 
“It was the hour of fresh blood, and the land was ravenous.”

Kenzie Jennings deserves a standing ovation for the cinematically written perfection that is RED STATION. What a fantastic new addition to the Splatter Western Collection!

Right off the bat, chapter one introduces you to a stage coach filled with endearing characters traveling west towards their future—the most interesting of them all being the lady in red, Clyde Northway. When our travelers break for the evening at a station home and are welcomed by the warm hospitality of the Adler family, all seems well and cordial. But our travelers are in for the nightmare of their lives when they discover their hosts aren’t who they seem.

First of all, it’s no surprise that the protagonist is a serious badass and I loved reading every freaking page in which she graced us with her presence in her fashionable red dress. Second, this story really packs a killer punch, but with steady pacing and captivating players! Throughout the chapters, I found myself rooting for the survival of characters I’d come to like while simultaneously hoping others would get their asses handed to them and it was frightening, exhilarating and pretty fantastic. Plus, Jennings does not hold back on that gritty, pulpy, bloody gore. There’s blood splattered all over these pages, folks. I was hungry for it, and it was glorious.

This was my first read by Kenzie Jennings but it will not be my last as I’m officially a fan. Bravo! As a reminder, each Splatter Western by Deaths Head Press is a stand-alone, so if you’re looking for a place to start, book #7 RED STATION is an excellent choice.

(5/5⭐)

(Special thanks to Deaths Head Press, Night Worms, and author Kenzie Jennings for this #NightWormsBookParty review copy!)

Comments

  1. Wahoo!! I have a copy of this but I need to dive in soon!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts